Silas is a complete data acquisition, processing and interpretation software suite, that covers a wide range of tasks.
The Silas software package has been developed to allow you to obtain the best quality data and easy access to multiple data types to best evaluate the subsurface conditions. It is compatible with multiple sources and can process the full-wave signal from sub-bottom profilers, boomers, sparkers, parametric and chirp systems. The system covers the range from deep penetration to ultra-high resolution. Whether you look for general sub-surface geology, cables, pipelines and other objects or fluid mud surveys. For sub bottom classification and interpretation the Silas Software Suite can easily integrate borehole and map data into the data set, providing the information that is sought allowing for detailed interpretation.
Digital data-acquisition for high resolution seismics
The Data-Acquisition Module is part of the SILAS® software suite and provides the tools to optimise and acquire high quality seismic data in subbottom profiling and fluid mud mapping surveys.
- Calibration of source signal;
- Import of profiles for accurate seismic interpretation
- Ultrahigh resolution (combination with USB-A/D)
- Seg Y Import – Export
- all raw reflection data are recorded on harddisk;
- On-line link with navigation system for synchronisation and position control;
- real-time data acquisition control;
- vertical data density can be determined by user by setting the sampling rate;
- Control of the number of samples per shot, without interruption of data acquisition;
- Adjustment of recorded depth interval;
- modifications of settings are recorded in shotheader;
- real-time monitoring of reflected signal intensity;
- Real-time monitoring of incoming data quality;
- Real-time tracking of seabed/acoustic interface or muddensity level;
Depending on acoustic source the Silas acquisition module can be supplied with a high quality PCI A/D card enabling high quality full waveform sampling of signal frequencies of up to 40 kHz.